About the Course
Don’t Have a Fishing Pole? Join our DIY fishing online class and make your own fishing gear and tackle from household recyclables. You will make everything needed for your first fishing expedition!
Our ecologists and survival skill experts provide step by step instruction to get you ready:
• Make your own fishing pole and gear
• Make your own pole, hook, weights, bobbers, and more!
• Learn to tie knots
Gold Coast, FL, USA
This program typically accommodates all ages, and can be tailored to different curriculum needs. Young children should be assisted by an adult.
Contact us to join our virtual class series.
During the virtual guided tour, you will join a 60-minute on-line class and learn do-it-yourself fishing gear, guided each step of the way by Youth Environmental Alliance ecology and survival skills experts. You will prepare for the materials in advance by gathering primitive fishing gear supplies using readily available materials for a DIY fishing experience.
• Step by step instructions for constructing 2 different types of gear (fishing pole and fishing bottle)
• Learn how to create and tie hooks using household materials
• Learn how to create and tie gear including bobbers and weights from household materials
• Learn how to cast
You will join an interactive 60-minute on-line class which includes hands-on experiments, guided each step of the way by Youth Environmental Alliance ecology and survival skills experts. You will prepare for the class in advance by collecting readily available materials and preparing your workspace at home.