About the Course
The Zooarchaeology Expedition – Digging up the Past to Reveal a Sustainable Future Program is an experience in Florida Archaeology, History and Ecology embedded in practical science and hands-on learning, emphasizing how people and animals are in a symbiotic union that can teach us sustainable living.
The program touches on a variety of topics including
• Native American Occupation of North America and Florida
• Spanish explorations of Florida
• Prehistoric and historic fauna
• Prehistoric and historic technology
• Dendrochronology used in a practical manner
• Archaeological field and laboratory methods
• Geography and geology
• Ecology and native versus non-native introduced species
• Scientific methodologies
Gold Coast, FL, USA
Schools | Scouts | Homeschool | Private Groups | Corporate Teams | Birthday Parties
This program typically accommodates all ages, and can be tailored to different curriculum needs. Young children should be assisted by an adult.
Contact us to schedule your group today.
Covers the following Science Standards-Big ideas: The Practice of Science; Organization and Development of Living Organisms; Interdependence; Earth Structures
Please contact us to discuss options and ideas for a tailored class.